Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households. This is part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act to provide relief from the impact of COVID-19.
Who is Eligible?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Resides in Public Housing
- Learn More here
How long will this last?
- Until the federal funds are exhausted
- Could be 3 to 6 months timeframe currently unknown
Where do I Sign up?
- The program has been authorized by the FCC, but the start date has not yet been established. The FCC is working to make the benefit available as quickly as possible. Please continue to check this page for program updates.